Fractional CFOFractional Starfire Energy HQ Denver, CO
The Fractional CFO reports to the CEO and is responsible for subject matter expert oversight of the FC Bookkeeper role by reviewing accounting policies, procedures and processes along with performing a quarterly review of the books. They will also perform project specific tasks as defined from time to time by the CEO. This is a key position for the Executive team and will interact regularly with the FC Bookkeeper and members of the Executive team.
- GAAP accounting
- Equity and debt documents
- Employee Stock Option Plans
- Federal and State tax policies
- Import/Export and State and local tax policies
- Fund raising
- Commercial Banking
- International transactions
- Proforma development
Beneficial Degrees / Certifications
Full Charge BookkeeperFull time, permanent Starfire Energy HQ Denver, Colorado
The Full Charge (FC) Bookkeeper reports to the COO and is responsible for recording all financial transactions for the company maintaining records and assisting with financial statements and budget versus actual spend updates. This is a key position for the business team and will interact frequently on projects with the Executive Team.
Essential Job Duties
- Daily Accounting including paying bills and maintaining general ledger accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of credit cards and bank accounts
- Depreciation schedule maintenance
- Use tax tracking, reporting, and payments
- General ledger analysis including liability account reconciliation
- Assist with monthly financial statement creation and validation
- Monthly budget maintenance and quarterly budget analysis
- Develops and maintains a supplies and capital purchase budget for the CTO
- Establish purchase order, approval, receiving receipt, and payment processes
- Assist with cash flow assessments
- Proforma maintenance at the direction of the COO
- Directly interface with an external firm on annual financial audit
- Excellent spreadsheet skills including complex formulas and graph creation
- Determined attention to detail
- Ability to notice and call attention to spending trends
- Must know double entry accounting inside and out
- Account reconciliation experience inclusive of asset and liability accounts
- AR and AP experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed team player willing to go the extra mile
- Willingness to learn LibreOffice and ERP Next
- US Citizenship
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- ERP Next experience
- Budget creation from financial modeling
- Budget tracking experience
- Creation and detailed review of financial statements
- Previous financial audit support experience
Process Safety/Reliability EngineerFull Time Permanent Position Clean Tech Company Denver, Colorado
Starfire Energy is a clean energy company that walks the walk. We are a Colorado Public Benefit Corporation. Our focus is carbon-free ammonia (NH3) and derived hydrogen (H2) fuel. We have a proprietary, flexible process for making ammonia from air, water, and clean energy. We also have a proprietary process for harvesting hydrogen from ammonia. The emissions from ammonia fuel use are nitrogen and water. We are providing a completely carbon-free way to make and use sustainable fuel for long term energy storage, transportation, and industrial process heat applications. We will deliver to the global marketplace modular plants for carbon-free ammonia fuel production and use.
Our goal is to provide a sustainable fuel technology that will allow complete decarbonization of global energy systems. Starfire Energy’s financial backers include some of the largest companies in the world. Our ever-growing strategic roster is a veritable who’s who of global energy, shipping, agriculture, transportation, chemical, and technology companies.
As a high growth organization we offer the unique opportunity for you to contribute in many facets of the business and advance your career. You will enter a dynamic company that is executing aggressive growth, and you will help commercialize clean technologies that will become a part of the world’s energy infrastructure. We value teamwork, creativity, integrity and personal accountability. We plan for sustainability in all that we do. Starfire Energy is also fully committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in its hiring practices. With apologies, this position is not eligible for work visa (H-1B). Come walk the carbon free walk with us and do something that makes a difference in this world.
The Process Safety/Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing safety compliance oversight and services for the design, development, scale-up, deployment and operations of safe chemical production processes of Starfire Energy products and systems. The Process Safety/Reliability Engineer also participates in the development and documentation of safety concepts, process safety studies, risk assessments, hazard identification and resolution plans, systems automation, and operational procedures to achieve safe, environmentally sound, and economically optimum chemical plants that are in compliance with applicable laws and codes. The Process Safety/Reliability Engineer also serves as a mentor and technical guide for less experienced process engineers on fundamental safety practices and is responsible for maintaining consistent awareness of global laws, regulations and consumer demands that impact the production of NH3.
Essential Job Duties:
Serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding process safety, participating in design activities and reviews to assure that designed elements and systems meet all applicable safety standards.
Design, and support the design of, complex hazardous NH3 generation systems, including specification of sensors and components, development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), specification and/or development of flow control systems, generation and maintenance of Bills of Material (BOMs) and development of fabrication drawings and instructions.
Prepare, participate, and lead Process Hazard Analysis/Level of Protection Analysis (PHA/LOPA) and other process safety analyses as required to achieve company objectives.
Lead review and documentation of, and drive completion of action items from Incident Reviews (IR).
Perform hands-on prototyping and validation experiments.
Support system fabrication, installation, startup and operation activities within the design, manufacturing and field locations.
5+ years of combined experience performing risk assessments/analysis including: Process Hazard Assessment (PHA) including HAZID and HAZOP and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR), Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Electrical Hazard Classification (EHC), Layers of Protection (LOPA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA), Six Sigma, Pareto, Risk Assessment & Prioritization (RAP) and/or Risk Assessment for Machines (RAM) in a private, public, government or military environment for Batch and Continuous Process Operation over a range of chemistries and operations.
5+ years of experience implementing Process Safety Management; including thorough understanding of OSHA-PSM and EPA-RMP (risk management program) or equivalent European standards (EN: CEN; CENELEC; ESTI).
Experience and working knowledge of ANSI/ISA–84.00.01 (IEC 61511) for the process industry.
Working knowledge and experience with applicable Process Safety Management (PSM), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Compressed Gas Association (CGA), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Petroleum Institute (API, ATEX in EU) guidelines, standards and codes.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
Qualified PHA facilitator.
Six Sigma Green Belt.
Desired Degree Levels:
BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related program from an accredited college/university and 10+ years of industry experience (Process Safety or Process Chemistry preferred)
MS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related program from an accredited college/university and 8+ years of industry experience (Process Safety or Process Chemistry preferred
Additional beneficial skills/experience:
- Professional Engineer (P. E.) license.
- Six Sigma Black belt.
- Certified in Root Cause Analysis.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Recognized And Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP).
- OSHA 10/30 hour Construction Certificate.
- Experience in DFx principles and methodologies.
- Experienced programming in Python.
- Experienced in Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Experience in a startup company.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills,
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.